Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
By law, every driver in New York state must carry car insurance. The coverage requirement exists to protect all drivers, even the safest ones, from the numerous driving hazards that always threaten.
Still, even though you must carry at least a minimum amount of coverage, you can and should customize your policy to your advantage. After all, it is designed to protect you from significant financial challenges following wrecks, vehicle theft or numerous other hazards.
If you are looking for optimized car insurance that is designed with both your coverage and cost needs in mind, then just call E.A. Funk and Associates Insurance. We’re committed to helping every customer understand what types of coverage are best for them, and we want to help you too. Come to us, and you’ll never find it hard to get the right car insurance.
With a proud history of serving Centereach, Selden, Coram, Shirley, The Hamptons and the rest of New York, we’re ready and waiting to help you get the perfect auto insurance. Just call us at (631) 467 – 4747 or request your free, no-obligation quote online to get your search for coverage started.
Common Car Insurance Questions
How Does Car Insurance Work?
Car insurance exists because any stretch of pavement has its fair share of safety risks for all drivers. Because cars are extremely expensive and potentially dangerous, any mishap could result in a big repair bill. If you want to protect yourself against these potential financial challenges, then you will need to have a tailored policy in place.
If you ever experience an unexpected vehicle loss like a wreck, vehicle theft or storm damage, then your auto policy can help you pay the recovery costs that might arise. Therefore, you’ll be able to get back to normal life with as little of a monetary loss as possible. Though your policy won’t pay for wear and tear or regular maintenance, it can be a lifesaver in the event of sudden challenges.
What Car Insurance Do I Need?
Because of New York’s mandatory insurance laws, drivers must carry at least the following coverage:
- $50,000 Personal Injury Protection (No-Fault Bodily Injury Coverage)
- $25,000 Bodily Injury Liability Coverage per person ($50,000 per death)
- $50,000 Bodily Injury Liability Coverage per accident ($100,000 per death)
- $10,000 Property Damage Liability Coverage
New York uses a hybrid fault/no-fault insurance system to cover bodily injuries. Regardless of whose fault an accident is, the involved drivers must first file against their personal injury protection to cover their injury costs.
However, if an accident is deemed your fault, then another involved driver can also make a claim against your bodily injury liability coverage for further funds. Fault applies in all instances of property damage.
But don’t forget, the state’s required coverage is only a minimum limit. You can and should increase these limits and add extra coverage into your policy. Some of the essential benefits to consider include:
- Collision insurance that pays for damage to your own car following a wreck.
- Comprehensive insurance to cover vehicle damage that is not related to a wreck. This policy might pay for damage from fires, vandalism, severe weather, theft and similar events.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to pay for your own vehicle damage and injuries if an accident is someone else’s fault, but they lack liability coverage to repay you.
- Roadside assistance, which allows you to call your insurer for assistance if you experience such setbacks as flat tires, dead batteries or similar run-of-the-mill vehicle issues.
- Rental car reimbursement to pay for some of the costs of a rental car in the event you have to send your regular car for repairs following a wreck.
If you finance your car, then you will likely have to buy collision & comprehensive coverage. Additionally, you might be able to qualify for perks like replacement cost coverage for physical damage, vanishing deductibles, gap insurance and custom parts coverage.
How Are Car Insurance Costs Calculated?
Our agents are committed to working with you to determine which policy options offers you optimized cost benefits.
Various factors can influence your policy cost, such as:
- The value of your car
- Your chosen coverage limits and deductibles
- Your history of insurance claims on previous policies
- Infractions on your driving record
- Where you live
- Your credit score and other financial factors
If you have a higher risk of filing an expensive claim on your policy, then you are likely to pay more for your policy. However, we will help you maximize your ability to save on your rates by seeing which of our carrier partners offer you the best discounts and savings opportunities.