Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Information
Owning a recreational vehicle (RV) can be exciting, but because it functions like an automobile and a house, it presents several unique risks. RV insurance can provide essential cover for these exposures.
The knowledgeable team at E. A. Funk and Associates Inc. in Centereach, New York, can help you secure the RV policy you need. Contact us today for more information.
What Is RV Insurance?
Recreational vehicle (or motorhome) insurance functions similarly to other insurance policies. A policyholder selects coverages and pays a premium, and in exchange, the insurer provides financial coverage if an accident or other covered losses occur. Different policies have different terms, limits, deductibles and exclusions so make sure to work with your agent to get the coverage that meets your needs.
What Is Covered by RV Insurance?
RV insurance typically covers driving and property loss risks connected with your vehicle. Some of the available types of coverage include:
- Liability insurance—This may cover damages to third parties if you are responsible for an accident. It may also help pay for associated legal expenses. Two types of liability insurance are:
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Collision insurance—This may provide payments to repair or replace damage to your RV after a collision with another vehicle or an object (e.g., a fence).
- Comprehensive insurance—This may help pay for damage to your RV from non-collision incidents, such as weather damage or animal strikes.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance—This may insure you against damage caused by another driver who doesn’t have liability insurance or who doesn’t have adequate liability insurance to cover your losses.
- Medical payments (MedPay) coverage—This coverage can pay for medical expenses if you or your passengers are injured in an accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP)—PIP is similar to MedPay coverage, but it offers added coverages, such as payment for lost wages after an accident-related injury.
- Campsite and vacation coverage—This may cover liabilities (e.g., third-party property damage or bodily injury) while using your RV at a camp or vacation site.
Other insurance types may include roadside assistance, pest protection, rental car coverage and emergency expenses protection (e.g., for hotel bills). Additionally, full-time RV insurance may be available if your RV serves as your primary residence, and it may offer coverages similar to those of a homeowners policy (e.g., personal property coverage and liability coverage).
Work with your agent to determine which coverage best suits you. We can provide information on what coverages are required in New York and how your RV use affects your insurance needs.
How Much Is RV Insurance?
The cost of RV insurance is based on various factors, including the type, age and condition of your RV, your usage of it and your driving record. Your location, amounts and types of coverages selected, and claims history may also impact premiums.
The agents at E. A. Funk and Associates are ready to help you select the optimal RV insurance policy. Contact us today to get started.